Villanueva: No Decision Yet

Despite an internet report circulating that 6-10 forward/guard Charlie Villanueva had put his name into the June 2003 draft, the Blair Academy recruit told tonight that no decision has been made. "I don't know where that report came from because I have gotten a lot of calls," Villanueva said. "But I am not close to making a decision."
Villanueva added: "If I go to college I first have to speak to the new Illinois coach. If that doesn't work out, then I will look at other schools."
Some of the other schools are likely to include Syracuse, Connecticut, and UCLA. Right now, Villanueva is first trying to decide on the professional issue. "I have a couple of more weeks before I decide," Villanueva said. "I have to speak to some people before I make up my mind. Right now, I haven't gotten all the info I need. Once I do get that info, then I can make my decision."
Villanueva is currently finishing up his academic year at Blair. "The only other thing I am doing is working out," Villanueva said.