Quincy Douby, the sure-fire marksman out of Brooklyn, N.Y., has not left St. Thomas More School despite speculation that he was going to transfer to another school.
Some of that speculation included a possible transfer to Milford Academy in Connecticut.
"As far as I know, Quincy Douby is still at St. Thomas More and is staying there," Milford head coach Bob Riggio told Rivalshoops.com on Friday morning.
There has also been a rumor that Douby may re-open his recruiting. However, a source close to Douby told us he remains committed to Rutgers.
Douby had been offered scholarships by St. John's, Syracuse, Seton Hall, UMass, Virginia, and Mississippi State at one time during his recruiting process.
Douby attended the Nike Camp in Indianapolis, and then skipped The Peach Jam in order to rest an injured finger. Douby then competed in the Super Showcase in Orlando with Riverside Church.
This is an important year for Douby in the classroom, as he needs to boost both his core GPA requirements and SAT score.
Should anything new develop regarding his situation in the upcoming days and weeks, Rivalshoops.com will let you know.